1.1. Payment method
We accept credit card (Visa and MasterCard) or bank transfer (no fees). American Express is not accepted.
A deposit will be taken for all tours to secure your place, the deposit is variable depending on the tour but typically 30% of the total tour cost. On receipt, a booking confirmation voucher will be issued, confirming your place on the tour.
The balance (remaining 70% of the total tour cost) is due 30 days before the beginning of the tour. If the booking date is after 30 days before the beginning of the tour, the entire cost of the tour will be required in one payment.
2.1. If you cancel
If you decide to cancel the tour for whatever reason, not depending on us, you will have the following penalties:
– 30% of the total price is withheld for cancellations received from the moment the booking is confirmed until the payment of the balance (due 30 days before the beginning of the tour)
– 50% of the total price is withheld for cancellations received from 30 to 15 days before the beginning of the tour
– 100% of the total price is withheld if cancellations are made less than 15 days before of the beginning of the tour
We recommend our customers to have a travel insurance that covers cancellations.
2.2. If we cancel
We reserve the right to cancel any tour, however, this would only become necessary in exceptional circumstances. In such an event, we would hope to offer you an alternative. If this were not possible or acceptable, we would issue a full refund. Tuscany Motorcycle Tours will not be held responsible, or offer a refund/compensation in any of the following situations: war, riots, civil unrest, terrorism, natural disaster or any unforeseen cancellations due to industrial disputes and/or weather or political complications and safety issues or advice, this includes but is not limited to: refusal into a country, for the purpose of preserving safety, mechanical failure or an accident beyond our control such as the tour guide being involved in a road traffic accident. Tuscany Motorcycle Tours also reserves the right to cancel any tour within 7 days or less of departure if the tour has less than 3 customers booked on that tour. If we cancel the tour within 7 days due to limited bookings you will be offered one of the following options; a self-guided alternative, a full refund, transfer of your booking to another tour or hold your deposit for a tour commencing the following season (year) with a discount of between 5% and 10% depending on which tour it is.
Tuscany Motorcycle Tours will not be held responsible for the reimbursement, in part or in whole, of any pre-booked hotels or transport arrangements relating to your tour should we cancel, this includes but not limited to; hotel bookings (usually on the eve of departure or last day of the tour), any flights, ferries or train travel costs, taxis, buses or rental costs or any other out of pocket costs or expenses incurred as a result of the tour not going ahead. It is advised to have a travel insurance that covers cancellations.
3. Motorcycle rental
3.1. Minimum age 25
However, in some cases, if the under required age rider is accompanied by an older rider willing accept the responsibility, we may be able to supply some lower level motorcycles. The maximum age is 77, sadly our insurance won’t cover riders older than this. By Italian law anyone under 21 can only ride motorcycles with less than 25kW (34hp).
3.2. Motorcycle license.
International compulsory is needed for non-EU license holders.
3.3. Security deposit
Each motorcycle has a security deposit. This is expressed in the “Rental Service” part on the website (usually from 1.500 to 3.000 euros). This amount will be frozen on your credit card, but not cashed. Please ensure that you have enough funds to cover the damage deposit on your cards. No motorcycle will be allowed to leave the rental station if the security deposit is not covered by your credit card. In this event you will be still held liable for the rental payment charges in full. In most of the cases, the deposit is your maximum liability for theft or damage to the vehicle.
All vehicles are requested by law in Italy to have third party liability insurance. So all rental vehicles will be covered against damages towards third parties and transported passengers. There is no possibility to have fully comprehensive insurance on rental motorcycles in Italy. Any limitation on damages on the motorcycle is made on the back of the rental company. This is the reason why there are different damage deposits depending on model and value of the motorcycles. In case of total destruction or theft you will loose your entire damage deposit. In the event of damages to the bike, the damage deposit will be held on standby by the rental company and once damage has been assessed, you will informed and charged accordingly
- Damage to the rented motorcycle resulting from accidents between rental bikes are NOT covered by the third party liability insurance. In this instance the rental clients will be fully liable for any damage caused to people or motorcycles with no limitation.
- Damage to the rented motorcycle resulting from an accident where the rental client was under the influence of alcohol or drugs will also NOT benefit from the damage deposit limitation.
- Damage resulting from the rental client’s gross misconduct will also NOT benefit from the damage deposit limitation
- In the event that your rented vehicle is confiscated by the police for circumstances depending from the rental client’s negligence, the rental client will be held liable for rental charges for the time the vehicle remains in police custody and for any additional charges related to this offence
3.5. Motorcycle model
We will always strive to supply the reserved motorcycle. However, in some instances this may not be possible. (E.g. the previous rental customer damages your wished motorcycle severely a few days prior to your rental commencement). Tuscany Motorcycle Tours and associates will supply an alternative equivalent replacement motorcycle. In the unlikely event that this would not be possible Tuscany Motorcycle Tours and associates will provide a complete rental fee refund. Tuscany Motorcycle Tours will not be liable for any sums of money above the cost of the rental charge.
3.6. Motorcycle breakage
All rented motorcycles are covered by breakdown assistance. In the case of a mechanical failure during the rental period you will get a refund for the time the motorcycle was not usable. Tuscany Motorcycle Tours or associates are not liable for any additional expense. If a breakdown occurs you will immediately inform the relevant rental station and follow instructions until the problem has been solved. Failure to do so will result in a breach of contract and you will not be able to claim the rental refund for the loss of use of the motorcycle. In no circumstance, unless agreed with the rental station, you are entitled to abandon your rented motorcycle. Penalty for abandoning the rented bike without Tuscany Motorcycle Tour’s consent will cost 2000€.
3.7. Pick up and drop off
Pick up and drop off can be made in different rental stations for selected models. In some specific cases, for a price to be agreed, Tuscany Motorcycle Tours and associates will deliver and collect the rental vehicle directly at your hotel or other agreed site. You must make an appointment to collect and return your rental motorcycle. If you think there may be a delay in the agreed times and dates please advise the rental station as soon as possible.
Riding a motorcycle can be dangerous Tuscany Motorcycle Tours and associates cannot be held liable for any harm or injuries occurred during the use of rental motorcycles.
4. Participant duties
It is recommended that participants should be in perfect health. Participants are requested to advise in advance about any health or medical problem they may suffer from.
Participant is fully aware of the risks and dangers involved in motorcycle riding and in track activities potentially suggested as a supplemental activity to the tour and accepts full liability.
4.1. During the tour, participant’s responsibilities:
- to comply with passport and visa regulations;
- to comply with driving license requirements and traffic rules;
- to wear appropriate safety and protective attire at all times while operating a motorcycle;
- to operate said motorcycle on paved surfaces only and Participants specifically agree not to engage in off-road traveling, unless accompanied by and directed by a tour leader;
- to obey all ordinances, rules, regulations and laws;
- not to consume alcoholic beverages or any illegal substances prior to or during the motorcycle riding;
- to get along with other participants;
- to ensure you settle any hotel costs before you depart the hotel, for example; mini bar usage, food or drink bills, parking fees
- any damage to your hotel room must be reported immediately to your tour guide. You will be liable for the repair costs.
- if you don’t settle your hotel bill for additional services, food, laundry or drink etc, Tuscany Motorcycle Tour will charge € 50.00 admin fee in addition to invoicing for the total cost. Failure to pay within 28 days of returning from the tour will incur a late payment charge of € 40.00 and a further €1.00 per day for each day the bill remains unpaid for a maximum of 30 days, after which time we will begin legal action to recover our losses.
- Customers are asked not to remove items from the room, this includes; towels, robes, pillow cases, pillows, blankets, electrical items etc. Any charges issued for loss of items from the room will passed onto the room occupants with additional admin fees of € 50.00 per person
4.2. Participant is liable for:
- any consequence resulting from non-compliance;
- any traffic tickets received during the tour.
4.3. In any case of non-compliance, Tuscany Motorcycle Tours reserves the right:
- to revoke the contract and remove the participant;
- to apply a service charge for all unpaid tickets.
In case a participant should leave the group during the tour trip for any reason, he will act at his own risk and will not be entitled to make any claim against Tuscany Motorcycle Tours
5. Our Responsibilities
We accept responsibility for supplying as near as physically possible a tour package as described on our website tour booking pages, in our Tour Brochure or in our tour itinerary. We are unable to control any deficiencies in services due to local conditions, maintenance, industrial dispute, religion, politics, or weather. Occasionally routes will differ depending on weather or timescales, in such instances, we will not be held liable for these changes as they are done so in the best interests of the group as a whole.
We will ensure, the best we can, that the entire group remains together and arrives each day at our hotel. We are not and cannot be responsible for the actions of others in the group and as such, Tuscany Motorcycle Tours will not be held responsible for; injury, accidents or death caused by another rider in the group. Similarly, Tuscany Motorcycle Tours cannot and will not be held responsible for riders who become lost, which, is why we highly recommend you ensure you have a means of arriving at the final destination each day
6. Tour Changes
Arrangements for your tour are made months, sometimes a year in advance. It is therefore inevitable that changes can occur. In most cases, these changes will be minor and will not affect your holiday. However, in the event of a major change, we will advise you immediately and you may then (a) continue the tour with the new itinerary, (b) accept an alternative of the same or similar value, or (c) cancel your holiday with a full refund. Minor changes such as slight route changes (using motorway instead of non motorway roads are often unavoidable due to time restraints or weather, in such cases we will not be held responsible for these changes as the decision is based upon the best interests of the group)
From time to time we may increase, or decrease the price of tours advertised on the website or marketing material and social media platforms. This may happen after you have made a booking and can occur for a number of reasons, such as; promotion, offers, increase in accommodation costs, currency rates, transport arrangements etc. We do not alter the price of bookings once you have made payment or adjust your booking fee to match a newly advertised rate, or the price has decreased due to the above examples.
7. Image use rights
Photos and videos produced by Tuscany Motorcycle Tours are the property of Tuscany Motorcycle Tours, which is also the owner of the copyrights. Tuscany Motorcycle Tours can use all such material for advertising and marketing purposes, including images in which participants can be recognized, without any charge from the participant. Participants who submit photos to Tuscany Motorcycle Tours agree to allow the use of such photos by Tuscany Motorcycle Tours for advertising and marketing purposes.
8. Competent Court
For any dispute the Florence Tribunal will be the sole competent court.