Wish to rent a bike for your tour? This is for you!
When you book a motorcycle tour with us you can choose between coming to Tuscany with your own bike (option that many europeans prefer) or rent a bike in Florence through us. We have almost all the models of BMW, Ducati and some Moto Guzzis. In case you decide to fly to Florence and then rent a bike, here are 5 factors your might consider on your choice:
- Your height: It is very important to make sure the bike is not too big and not too small for you. If the bike is too small, you will not feel comfortable and may have physical issues. If the bike is too big you might have problems at low speeds or during the parking / starting procedure. On our rentals page (https://tuscanymotorcycletours.com/rental-service/) you can see the detail of the seat height for each model (on “additional information” tab). This useful page can also help you on your decision: http://cycle-ergo.com/
- Your riding experience: Obviously this is a very important factor. If you do not have much experience, it is important to rent an “easy” bike: light, simple and not too powerful. If you are starting as a rider it is easier to ride a Ducati Scrambler than a Ducati Multistrada 1260!
- Your “motorcycle history”: Do you own a naked bike? A Harley-Davidson? A BMW? Consider the roads we are going to ride have many curves and it is important that you feel safe and with confidence with your rental bike. Tell us what bike do you own and we will let you know which one, in our opinion, fits better.
- The tour duration: Are you interested in booking a one day tour? Two days? Our one full week tour? That definitely makes a difference. For a day tour a naked bike might be a great option for the Tuscan roads. But if you book the week tour (4 to 5 riding hours per day, 1.200 km on one week), in that case we will recommend something more comfortable for you and your pillion (Ducati Multistrada 1260/950, BMW R1200/800GS, BMW R1200RT…).
- Your own preferences! Let’s be honest: a bike choice has a big emotional factor. Did you always wanted to ride a Diavel? Do you dream of making a thousand of italian curves on a red Ducati? Do you wish to try the last BMW model with the finest electronic in the world? Just do it! This is made to enjoy and have fun!